RE: [nsp] Cisco Catalyst 3000 "stack" cables

From: Asbjorn Hojmark (Asbjorn@Hojmark.ORG)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 05:36:44 EST

Brian Feeny wrote:
> Everything on CCO says "contact TAC for the cable". You call
> TAC, and they basically tell you they have no idea what the
> part number is, or where to get one. Even though this is the
> same cable used by the entire Catalyst 3000 series, including
> the 3900 token ring switches, for stack ability.

The cable was probably never sold seperate from the stack port
module.

> If anyone has one of these, I am trying to get my hands on
> one. Or if you just have a part number or know where I can
> get one that would work as well.

It would be fun RMA'ing the stack port module, saying that it
doesn't work, because the cable is gone and no spare cable is
in the product catalog.

-A

--
Heroes: Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn, Leonard Kleinrock, Robert Metcalfe
Links : http://www.hojmark.org/networking/