RE: [nsp] Cisco Catalyst 3000 "stack" cables

From: Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 11:15:19 EST

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Asbjorn Hojmark wrote:

> Brian Feeny wrote:
> > Everything on CCO says "contact TAC for the cable". You call
> > TAC, and they basically tell you they have no idea what the
> > part number is, or where to get one. Even though this is the
> > same cable used by the entire Catalyst 3000 series, including
> > the 3900 token ring switches, for stack ability.
>
> The cable was probably never sold seperate from the stack port
> module.

thats what it appears to be. Although, I have aquired a "lot" of these
cables after tracking them down. I have the actual part number of the
cable now that I own a bunch of them, but it won't help in aquiring the
cable since no one really seems to have it (but I have a bunch now)

> > If anyone has one of these, I am trying to get my hands on
> > one. Or if you just have a part number or know where I can
> > get one that would work as well.
>
> It would be fun RMA'ing the stack port module, saying that it
> doesn't work, because the cable is gone and no spare cable is
> in the product catalog.

But can you really RMA something because you don't have the cable? That
would be interesting. Is their any limit to what / why you can rma? :)

Brian

> -A
> --
> Heroes: Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn, Leonard Kleinrock, Robert Metcalfe
> Links : http://www.hojmark.org/networking/

          I'm buying used CISCO gear!!
              email me for a quote

Brian Feeny e:signal@shreve.net
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)