Private VLANs on the 6509's

From: Edward S. Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 23:20:54 EST

Hi Guys,
   Have any of you implemented Private VLANs on the
6500 series CISCO switches ? The documentation is
pretty sketchy. I need to do the following :

1.Each Customer that co-locates in my IDC will be
given an isolated port on the Primary VLAN ( at the
access layer )

2. The primary and secondary VLAN's will be trunked
through the MSFC to the distribution layer ( also ) a
6500 series.

3. Now, is where my problem starts. I need to assign a
promiscuos port on my distribution switch.

Once I set up the promiscous port and assign it to the
primary vlan, do I create another VLAN and enable
routing between the two VLANs ( primary vlan and the
new VLAN ? Even after doing so, othervlans in other
switch blocks cannot access the isolated ports even
after passing through the distribution switch.

Would really appreciate if any of you guys have some
sample configs.
Rgds,
Edward