[nsp] 7500 trouble

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 13:54:21 EST

I'm building a 7500 and have run into trouble with a few of the VIP2-50's
we bought with it. 2 of them are identified as GEIP's rather than
VIP2-50's. I did some asking around on #cisco and was told that they
probably really are GEIP's, as GEIP's are basically modified VIP2-50's.

If that's the case, would they still have VIP2-50 labels next to their
handles? Is there any way to visually tell the two items apart other than
the EEPROM contents? Is there any way to force them to be VIP2-50's
(alter the EEPROM), or do I need to return them and find more VIP2-50's?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |