[nsp] Experience with NSE-1 and IOS 12.0S?

From: Marcus Rist (marcus@ri.st)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 08:13:00 EST

Hi,

Since Friday i have a new box running. Cisco 7206VXR, NSE-1, I/O-2FE/E
with IOS 12.0(15)S1.
According to the HW-SW-Matrix on www.cisco.com only IOS 12.1E and 12.1T
do support the NSE-1.
Well, the box bootet up and is running for more than two days now
without any errors yet. I feeded three full-table BGP sessions into the
box to generate a bit load, but of course i don't run any traffic over
it right now.

I would like to continue with IOS 12.0S instead of the 12.1 ones for
various reasons and asked myself if anyone has experience with the NSE-1
yet, especialy with IOS 12.0S.

I also don't know why 12.0S is not mentioned with any documents for the
NSE-1. What happens that it is not supported?
Is it just not tested? Can't imagine.
Is it know to run unstable?
Or is the PXF simply not running with IOS 12.0S?

The box recognised the Processor Card as NSE-1, so it seems to work for
me:)

best regards
-Marcus

--
Marcus Rist <marcus@ri.st>

Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.