[nsp] Capabilities of Cisco 6400

From: David Curran (dm@nuvox.net)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 11:38:09 EST

Hello,

Does anyone have any personal experience or anecdotal evidence on how well
the NSP holds up under heavy load functioning as an ATM switch? I know it's
based on the Lightstream 1010 but does it have the same
throughput/reliability as the stand-alone switch?

We have a core network of 8510's and 8540's but we are debating on using the
NSPs as a redundant path for the network in the event of a hardware failure
in the Catalysts. The traffic would be generic UBR.

Any info would be appreciated.

David Curran
Network Engineer
Nuvox Communications, Inc.