Re: [nsp] any way to track down output drops?

From: Joe Pruett (joey@q7.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 15:20:34 EST

turning off fair queueing seems to have helped a bit. but the output
drops are still occuring, just not as rapidly as before. the show s1/3
switching output doesn't show me any drops occuring, so something is still
funky. i think i'd like to move towards route bridge encap, but that
doesn't seem to be supported for frame, just atm. any chance that is
coming? i've toyed with static arp and disabling arp via the subscriber
policy, but that doesn't seem to always work. the static arp entries get
overwritten with dynamic info if the host sends an arp packet. verizon
will be going to atm for dsl, so this may just be a waste of my time, but
it is annoying me :-).

so, does anyone have a newer ios image to recommend for a 7200vxr with
frame, atm (t1), bridging, radius auth for ppp over atm, etc. i'm
currently running 12.0(7)xe1 (c7200-is-mz.120-7.xe1).