Re: [nsp] MAX VPI's on a GSR?

From: William R. Charnock (charnock@freebie.algx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 17:49:44 EST

We just discovered the answer ourselves -- FYI

atm vc-per-vp
To set the maximum number of VCIs to support per VPI, use the atm
vc-per-vp interface configuration command. The no form of this command
restores the default value.

atm vc-per-vp number
no atm vc-per-vp
Syntax Description
number Maximum number of VCIs to support per VPI. On the Cisco 7000 AIP,
valid values are 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, or 4096. On the Cisco
4500 NPM, valid values are 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, or
8192. Default is 1024.

1024

Command Mode
Interface configuration

Usage Guidelines
This command controls the memory allocation in the AIP to deal with the
VCI table. It defines the maximum number of VCIs to support per VPI; it
does not bound the VCI numbers.

An invalid VCI causes a warning message to be displayed.

Example
In the following example, the maximum number of VCIs to support per VPI is
set to 512:

atm vc-per-vp 512

Related Command
atm pvc