Re: [nsp] REG: Cisco 7206-VXR

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 08:00:38 EDT

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the valuble suggestions. I really understand your point,
on allocating a seperate E1 for PRI access, & leased line access. I am
facing a situation wherein I would need to have a multi-link bundle of 2
"B" channels as a backup circuit, & another multi-link bundle of 2 "B"
channels for another connection to a central office, Both which need to be
part of the same PRI circuit. I understand that "Dialer Profiles" is the
way to go. But I am still a bit unclear on whether this config will work.

hostname C7206-VXR
username Remote0 password test
username Remote1 password test
!
interface dialer0
description *** backup to the link to upstream ISP ***
 ip address 172.27.1.1 255.255.255.252
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer remote-name Remote0
 dialer pool 1
 dialer string 5551212
 dialer-group 1
 ppp multilink
 dialer load-threshold 50 either
!
interface dialer1
description *** link to central office ***
ip address 172.27.2.1 255.255.255.252
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer remote-name Remote1
 dialer pool 1
 dialer string 5551234
 dialer-group 1
 ppp multilink
 dialer load-threshold 50 either
!
controller e1 2/0
 linecode hdb3
 framing no-crc4
 clock source line
!
interface serial2/0:15
 encapsulation PPP
 dialer pool-member 1
 ppp authentication chap

interface serial 3/1
description *** Primary link to Upstream ISP ***
ip address 192.168.129.1 255.255.255.252
backup interface dialer 0
backup delay 5 10

!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 3/1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer0 100
ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 dialer1

Kindly advise me on whether this config will achieve the required.

One last question, since this is a PRI line, & I would only like to use 2
"B" channels at maximum per multi-link bundle. Is there any special config
to restrict the number of "B" channels to brought up per "dialer"
interface.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With warm regards,
Vinod.