[nsp] Tracking down changes in interface SNMP ifIndex's

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz (map@internet.org.ph)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 08:01:03 EDT

Hi,
I have some scripts that work with Netflow data. However, I need to know
the SNMP ifIndex of the interface I'm working with. This was working fine
until one time the interface numbers got shifted around - probably because
changes were made in Frame Relay PVC's.

In this particular router it is not feasible to search for the interfaces
by name since it is handling a large number of Virtual Access interfaces.
Would it be possible to notify my collection server that the SNMP ifIndex's
got changed?

Thanks!

--

http://www.internet.org.ph The Philippine Internet Resource Mobile Voice/Messaging: +63-917-810-9728