Re: AS5800/AS5300 & ISDN

From: Trent Fierro (trentf@cisco.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 11:22:00 EDT

The HDLC controllers are on the E1 cards, so support for ISDN is there.
Your config will change.
You do not use the modems, but you use DSO's.

Not sure what service you'll offer, but if the client is using a BRI,
you'll have
the ability to use two DSO's instead of one into the gateway. With
compression, you tend
to have a faster connection. Settings can be setup dynamically, torn down, etc.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/2/ISDN.html

tf

At 10:45 AM 4/28/2001 +0200, tam wrote:
>Hello
>
>In my network i have a lot of AS 5300 & AS 5800 until now we are just
>offering a normal analouge dial-up do we have to add any special cards
>inorder to start offering ISDN services? and what are the limitaions on
>this? on the AS5800 we have 4*12=48 E1 while we have only
>1152 modems wich utilize about 39E1 , can we use the rest (9E1) for ISDN
>calls? do ISDN work with R2 signalling (the type of signalling we use) and
>finally what are the main advanteges of ISDN?
>

>All The Best
>
>Tamer

Trent Fierro Dial Tech Marketing Mgr
408 526 4261 Ph SPLOB