RE: [nsp] AS5300 <Hangging/Stuck>

From: Denis Saveliev (Denis.Saveliev@energis-squared.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 04:50:20 EDT

This is a well known bug - CSCdp33819
We were hit by it quite hard but luckily cisco was quick to fix it. So, the
standard sdvice - upgrade the ios! :-)

Bug Id : CSCdp33819
Headline on TTY lines process virtual-exec is running, no user dialed in
Version Found 12.0(5)T01
Fixed-in Version 12.1(0.4) 12.1(0.5)T 12.1(1)DC 12.1(1)DB

Release Notes
If you enter the show users command, you might see that
the Virtual Exec process is running on the modem even when no users are
connected. This situation does not affect the allocation of the modem for
subsequent sessions. The next user that logs in to the modem will clear the
condition. There is no workaround.

Hope this helps.

Denis Saveliev
Network Engineer