[nsp] AS5300 <Hangging/Stuck>

From: Mohd Nazri Ismail (mnazri@mimos.my)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 20:54:00 EDT

 Hello Everybody, I need some help here.

 We are using Cisco AS5300,
 I normally have the post dial terminal screen up (bring up terminal after
dialing) to check the login process and found that some modems just hang
after presenting you with the login screen. It cannot accept input from my
keyboard as it does not echo the characters that I type. Then it returns a
timeout message! It looks like when there are many users online.

  When we run command 'show users', it will show a lot of ' Virtual Exec',
default only 5 'Virtual Exec' BUT in my case it will appear more that
that.

 After i reboot/reload my AS5300, it will back to normal and our users can
dial in without any problem to AS5300. This problem will happen again in
the future.

Anyone from this group have faced this problem. Please help me.

thank you a lot.

--nazri/access