Re: [nsp] OSPF not distributing 1 interface

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 17:15:49 EDT

Hi,

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:18:56PM -0400, Bryan Ginman wrote:
> this is true. A good practice to get into when you make changes to OSPF
> routing process is to copy the whole process to notepad remove it, wr mem
> and then paste it back in with the new changes. OSPF on cisco is notorious
> for these types of issues that don't make sense. up until 11.2 or so this
> was recommended then Cisco inserted a clear command on the process that was
> supposed to take care of the problem.

Anyone knows whether it's a known bug that "clear ip ospf process" crashes
some IOS versions hard? I think it was some 12.1(x)T or XA version (one
of the first that supported the NM-2FE-TX in the 3640).

If it's not already known, I can try to get more details and maybe open
a case with TAC... (right now, we just "don't do it").

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de