Re: [nsp] Load balancing question

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 16:25:41 EDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 08:08:18PM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> What load balancing equipment (Cisco LocalDirector, Arrowpoint, or any
> competitor - F5/Radware/Alteon/etc) can do per flow load balancing? I do
> not want per session load balancing, nor do I want per packet load
> balancing and I do not want stateful load balancing.

I'm not entirely sure what you're after here - persumably load balancing on
a per-TCP/UDP-connection basis? Local Directors will do this if you turn off
the "sticky" feature. Presumably, Intelligent Directors (aka Cisco CSS 11000)
do this too if you turn off sticky.

--
Ryan O'Connell - <ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time