Re: [nsp] OSPF not distributing 1 interface

From: Dave Spencer (dspencer@nightfall.forlorn.net)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 22:39:32 EDT

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:12:20PM +0100, Martin Cooper wrote:
> ...and on Catalyst RSM/RSFC/MSFCs with many VLANs, the
> 'passive-interface default' command is your friend...

So *my* question is, when I use "passive-interface default" and then
later create a new interface in the RSM for a new VLAN, why does a
"no passive-interface <new-vlan-interface>" show up in my OSPF
configuration? Cutting and pasting here from an RSM in question:

router ospf 1
 passive-interface default
 no passive-interface Vlan15
 no passive-interface Vlan48
 no passive-interface Vlan110
 network 172.16.15.2 0.0.0.0 area 1
 network 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255 area 1
[etc...]

I really would like all except Vlan15 and Vlan48 to be passive...
I created Vlan110 one day (first since I changed to passive-interface
default) and the "no..." for it appeared. I've been too busy (ok, and
lazy) to remove it; I wanted to first find out why it appeared. Any
takers?

-Dave