RE: [nsp] 3640 ATM to Frame Relay config?

From: Andrew Lee (alee2@megapathdsl.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:58:43 EDT

You do not need to do interworking on the router because interworking is
being done by qwest on their network. From the router's perspective, it
looks like a frame circuit and an ATM circuit.

Qwest requires interworked frame circuits to be IETF encapsulated, so your
FR interface would look like:

int Serial0/0
 encaps frame-realay IETF

int Serial0/0.17
 ip address .....
 frame-relay interface-dlci 16

I also beleive Qwest uses snap encapsulation on their ATM with ilmi
disabled, so you would have

int ATM1/0
 no atm ilmi-keepalive

int ATM1/0.47
 ip address ...
 pvc 1-0-47 4/47
    ubr 1544
    encapsulation aal5snap

The 1-0-47 is the VCD, which you can adjust to any value you please as long
as it is unique on the router. Adjust the ubr and value to whatever the
circuit is actually (since you did not provide that info)

Let us know if any of this helped

Cheers
Andrew