Re: [nsp] VOIP Over ATM 7200VXR's ?

From: Stephen Sprunk (ssprunk@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 15:54:50 EDT

Thus spake "Kevin Gannon" <kgannon@lancomms.ie>
>> WFQ is not supported for any link speed over 2Mbps due to CPU/memory
>> constraints.
>
> Except DWFQ ;-) but only on the RSPs Grrrrr.

You'd rather have a 7200 and use LLQ anyways.

>> That's the default anyways. You'd be better off with WRED than FIFO,
>> though.
>
> Hmmm why didnt I think about that, maybe I have a RED alergy due to
> the nasty things we have seen on our GSRs. Due you know of any sample
> configs for WRED and VOIP ?

conf t
int ser0
rand
^Z
wr

There's nothing VoIP-specific to be done for WRED; to prioritize VoIP
traffic, you're relying on your endpoints setting IP Precedence 5 (or
DSCP EF), which will get favorable treatment by default.

>> Yuck. CES is evil.
>
> I agree but we were getting desperate.

You will be much happier with LLQ than you would be with CES. You might
even be happy with WRED, depending on how loaded your PVCs are.