Re: [nsp] REG: Policy based Routing

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 04:27:12 EST

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:53:04PM +0530, Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni wrote:
> I am trying to figure out whether i could localize all the DNS traffic,
> from all my customers directed to the Internet to be redirected to a
> caching DNS server located locally in my Data center. In this regard i
> tried using Policy Based Routing on my Gateway router redirecting all DNS
> traffic to my caching DNS system. The configuration is as follows -
[snip]

This won't work as written, because the traffic hitting your DNS server will
have the wrong destination IP address. You'd also need to do something on the
DNS server to masquerade IP connections. (I.e. make the DNS server believe
it's a proxy server of some sort)

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time