RE: [nsp] 12.0(21)S IOS version

From: Martin, Christian (cmartin@gnilink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 20:40:15 EST

Jared,

> 20S was not released for different reasons. Please
> don't confuse the facts. The above mentioned comments are
> more accurate as to what happened.

The 'facts' as we know them are only what is relayed to us by our respective
SE's/account teams. Perhaps I was mislead or perhaps I am confusing the
issue. Upon reflection, it may have been ST that was delayed because of BGP
bugs. I recall our SE's discussing a rigorous test process to 'stabilize'
the code, fix several recurring CEF issues, etc. Who cares; my point still
stands. The extra time should have resulted in stable code - or at least
stable enough that it didn't have to be pulled 2 days after release.

Pardon the expression of my continued frustration with our favorite
vendor...

Now back to our regularly scheduled rantings.

/chris