Re: [nsp] It's always the little things (DS0 problem)

From: C. Jon Larsen (jlarsen@richweb.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 12:18:57 EST

I'm pretty sure that the Cisco WIC-1DSU-56K will do 56K and Clear Channel
64Kbps equally well, having configured both in the past. The 16xx series
routers that have the 56K interface soldered onto the mainboard will
*only* do 56K.

I have seen many times a "64K circuit" cause confusion. Sometimes the
telco drops a t1 with a single ds0 enabled, sometimes they drop a DDS
line, but don't config it for Clear Channel mode.

If you do create a loopback plug as described and want to test the
router's wic be aware that it won't loop up in CC64 mode, only in 56K DDS
mode. The Cisco manuals talk about this - when you lab up 2 56K wics back
to back in a testbed be sure to set them for 56K.

--

C. Jon Larsen Chief Technology Officer, Richweb.com (804.307.6939) SMTP: jlarsen@richweb.com (http://richweb.com/cjl_pgp_pub_key.txt)

Richweb.com: Designing Open Source Internet Business Solutions since 1995 Building Safe, Secure, Reliable Cisco-Powered Networks since 1995