Re: [nsp] Good IOS for 2620 with NM-4T1-IMA PPPoE / ATM

From: Andrey Kostin (ankost@east.ru)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 05:11:30 EDT

> Yes...that is it. FN claims to cover 12.2T, so I went and looked again
> just now, figuring that maybe this was a brand new release. According to
> the docs, pppoe was introduced in 12.2(2)T, which seems to have been
> released in June 2001. So why does FN still say PPPoE isn't supported on
> the 2600 platform?

From reality, I use PPPoE(aggregation, non-atm) on 2600 since 12.1(5)T. Also
I've tried 1600 (successfully!) and now I have small PPPoE aggregation on
1720.
Also, I've tried in the lab MPLS PE on 2600 with 12.2T telco feature set,
seems it works.
Andrey Kostin
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. http://www.east.ru

> Also, while I was looking, I took a look at Enterprise Plus for the
> 2610-2613 series. Minimum requirements are 32mb flash, 96mb RAM.
> According to

http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_in
st/hw_notes/2600mem.htm