[nsp] 3548xl switches show as 'generic devices' in Ciscoworks

From: K.A. Long (klong@UBmail.ubalt.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 08:58:30 EDT

We have 6 3548xl switches with the same hardware config (48 fast ethernet
ports and 2 gige).
all are running 12.0(5.2)XU. The snmp config follows:

snmp-server engineID local 00000009020000036BE10340
snmp-server community ****** RO
snmp-server community ****** RW
snmp-server contact Network Operations Center
snmp-server enable traps snmp
snmp-server enable traps vlan-membership
snmp-server enable traps c2900
snmp-server enable traps config
snmp-server enable traps entity
snmp-server enable traps vtp
snmp-server enable traps cluster
snmp-server host x.x.x.x trap ****** vlan-membership c2900 config vtp

 These devices show up as 'generic' snmp devices in Ciscoworks.
The config isn't one that I personally generated. I attempted to look up
some of the commands
using the command lookup tool on the TAC page and wasn't very successful.
I'm not clear about
the statements with the c2900 references. I couldn't find any snmp bugs
related to our version of
software that would explain this behavior. Has anyone else encountered
this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kimberly Long
410-837-5021 (w)