re: Field Notice:Cisco IOS Remote Router Crash

From: Jeff Harrison (Jeff.Harrison@alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 13:23:01 EDT

Restricting telnet access via the virtual terminal lines is a fairly easy
workaround for us. But we also have many remote sites where we have dialup
access to the router console port. This access is via an outgoing async
serial port on a terminal server. The remote terminal server port is
password protected. Is there a vulnerability with the console port if
someone would get to it?

Jeff

---
Cisco Disclaimer: Cisco Systems conducts no advance review on messages to
"cust-security-discuss@cisco.com", and takes no responsibility for the
contents of those messages, except for messages posted by authorized
Cisco employees acting in their official capacities.