Re: [nsp] connected flaps?

From: Richard Irving (rirving@onecall.net)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 15:55:48 EDT

Yes and No.

You may want to add an aggregate statement,
followed with a corresponding static route.

ip route 198.32.64.0 255.255.255.0 fast 4/0
and maybe even
ip route 198.32.64.0 255.255.255.0 null 0 254
to re-enforce it.

(If fast 4/0 is experiencing intermittent but brief errors..
 but still usable)

adding the aggregate network statement and summary only lines, will
result in the router
not so much announcing a local net and corresponding status, but more
proxy-aggregating it's own network. And as long as a route to that
network exists in the route-table, your router will *not* withdraw the
proxy aggregate route....

And one always will... The static route.

Voila, dampening.

(Ps. the null 0 ?will:should keep the route up even, when the interface
is dead... :(

But, that little trick is repairing the symptom. The cause is yet
undetermined.... I would re-check your counters on the FE again.