Re: [nsp] BGP route serving...

From: Abha Ahuja (ahuja@merit.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 16:53:59 EDT

Just out of curiousity, exactly why are you trying to get rid of the AS on
an EBGP announcement on a Cisco?... If your goal is to set up a
third-party-exchange-point-style-route-server, why not just use RSd? I'm
not sure why you would need to remove the transparency in any other normal
situation.

Just curious....

-abha ;)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Terence C. Giufre-Sweetser wrote:

> Any way of making a cisco router NOT prepend it's AS on EBGP
> announcements, to act a route server a la RSd?
>
> TERRY
>
> | Terence C. Giufre-Sweetser | 24x7 LINKS : AusBONE |
> | TereDonn Computer Engineering | ISDN/DDS/PAPL/HDSL/UWAVE |
> | PO BOX 1054, Spring Hill, QLD 4004 | Phone +61-[0]7-32369366 |
> | terry@tdce.com.au | FAX +61-[0]7-32369930 |
> | http://www.tdce.com.au | Mobile +61-[0]414-663053 |
>
> There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale
> returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
> -- Mark Twain

abha ahuja ahuja@merit.edu
Merit Network, Inc. 734.764.0294