Re: [nsp] BGP route serving...

From: Terence C. Giufre-Sweetser (terry@tdce.com.au)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 05:03:03 EDT

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Abha Ahuja wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, exactly why are you trying to get rid of the AS on
> an EBGP announcement on a Cisco?... If your goal is to set up a
> third-party-exchange-point-style-route-server, why not just use RSd? I'm
> not sure why you would need to remove the transparency in any other normal
> situation.

YES: it's an exchange point, and worse, it's spread over four
states/cities.

RSd is an option, if we deploy FOUR of them, *but* I don't need the
bells and whistles...

TERRY

| Terence C. Giufre-Sweetser | 24x7 LINKS : AusBONE |
| TereDonn Computer Engineering | ISDN/DDS/PAPL/HDSL/UWAVE |
| PO BOX 1054, Spring Hill, QLD 4004 | Phone +61-[0]7-32369366 |
| terry@tdce.com.au | FAX +61-[0]7-32369930 |
| http://www.tdce.com.au | Mobile +61-[0]414-663053 |

                -- Mark Twain