Re: [nsp] Echo and timeouts

From: Bradley Dunn (bradley@dunn.org)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 11:37:41 EST

On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Alex Bligh wrote:

> a) cisco-nsp is severely broke

I'd go with a. Here is what was supposed to be in that message:

-- begin quote --
Cisco is tracking a bug in IOS about character echoing becoming disabled
on vty ports, and the exec-timeout getting reset to 30 seconds.
Supposedly
its been fixed in 11.1-15, and the suggested work-arounds are really
kludgee. But I'm still seeing it happen even after loading 11.1-15. Its
not one of those critical things, but very annoying. Is there a version
where its really fixed? Or are enough folks being negatively impacted
by this, its time to raise a little hell as a customer usability issue?

-- end quote --

Now you may be wondering how I got this message. I sent a message to support@iagnet.net last night and the trouble ticket system replied to me quoting my "original message". What it quoted was Sean's message, which was apparently supposed to be posted to cisco-nsp. Something is amiss.

Bradley