Re: [nsp] routing questins

From: Bradley Reynolds (brad@b63695.student.cwru.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 26 1997 - 16:54:49 EST

> |This is very begin question.
> |
> |I know it can be done but I don'T know how.
> |
> |ON BGP, not necessary to be annouced, but for us to take different
> |route to get the destination.
> |
> |case 1 for using AS number
> |case 2 for the certain group if IP's
> |
> |thnx
> |

> The most obvious for one-sided influencing path selection in BGP
> are 'as path prepend', 'local pref' or 'weight' attributes. See the BGP
> Design Guide at www.cisco.com or better still check the book 'Internet
> Routing Architectures' by Sam Halabi, ISBN 1-56205-652-2, for examples.
>
> - abe

I think that he was talking about influencing the path that
his data takes when it leaves his network. The best
way to do that would be with the local preference attribute.
Weight is proprietary to cisco and I have not encountered a situation
where I wanted to as path prepend in an incoming route-map to influence
the exit points of data.

BR