[nsp] Bitcount format entry

From: Howard C. Berkowitz (hcb@clark.net)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 16:55:58 EST

OK...maybe someone here can answer what I am increasingly beginning to
believe is a Cisco urban legend.

What, if any, release(s) accept ip address configuration using the CIDR or
"bitcount" style:

  ip addr 192.168.1.33/28

rather than the traditional subnet mask? People keep telling me it started
working somewhere in 11.2, and was promised in 11.0, but I'm playing with
11.3(1) and it won't take it.

I am not talking about invoking the /CIDR _display_ functions with the
     term ip netmask bitcount
command. I did try entering that exec thinking that might enable /CIDR
entry. No joy there either.

Does it work anywhere? is there a magic enabling command?

Howard