Re: [nsp] BGP: PM3 & Cisco 2524

From: Danny McPherson (danny@genuity.net)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 18:10:37 EST

Since the three iBGP speakers you listed are currently fully-meshed, 2524 will
tell 7206 and PM3 about head office, but 7206 and PM3 can't tell one another
.. else there is a potential for loops to occur. Remember the BGP rule that
one iBGP speaker can't advertise a route to another iBGP speaker that was
learned from a third iBGP speaker.

Since "head office" is a local route, I'd think it being in your IGP would
make the most sense. I'd also guess that running BGP on your 2524 is
overkill, and that sourcing the BGP advertisement(s) from the core, then
allowing an IGP (or static routers) to do the internal stuff would be a good
idea..

-danny