[nsp] Interface MIB & Cisco MGX 8850 release 2

From: Stefan Watermann (stefan@debitel.net)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 18:22:43 EDT

Hi all,

we have a bunch of STM-1's and E3's connected to various AXM's on MGX 8850 rel 2
ATM switches.

I'm trying to get an idea of the line utilization of those STM-1's using
IF-MIB (RFC 2233?) ifInOctets/ifOutOctets with MRTG. Unfortunately the IF-MIB is not
completely supported in 2.0.13 and ifInOctets/ifOutOctets are not implemented.

Does anybody have a working solution which can be used with MRTG?

I already had a look into CISCO-ATM-VIRTUAL-IF-MIB. CaviStatEgressEntry/CaviStatIngressEntry
could probably be used for a solution. From the whole sequence caviEgrRcvClp0Cells/caviEgrRcvClp1Cells
could probably simply be sumed up. But I'm not sure if these values are enough.

Any hints are appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Stefan

--