RE: Looking for multicast help.

From: Man-Su Kim (mansukim@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 20:08:37 EDT

I have expericed use Netiron.
With Netiron/(I cannot remember os version), I can support IGMP.

But I found with IGMP snooping enabled configuration on netiron,
sometime generate high CPU usage.

I sure fastiron can handle multicast at layer 2.
Did you tried with factory default configuration?
With factory default config Fastiron support OSPF routing.(it looks like
just broadcast but it can handle)

Here I attach Netiron config when I test multicast at Jan. 2001.
---------------
L2 Foundry Switch
network connection [server]—[L2 foundry]--…—[L2 foundry]—[L3/multicast
router]
------
[Basic config on L2 foundry]
ip multicast passive
![nerver set active, passive mode is IGMP snooping]
------
[For security add following command per port-basis]
[no] multicast filter <filter-id> any | ip udp mac <multicast-address> | any
[mask <mask>] [vlan <vlan-id>]
!!! stop multicast with Dest. MAC 0100.5e00.5200 - 0100.5e00.52ff
(config)# multicast filter 2 any mac 0100.5e00.5200 mask ffff.ffff.ff00
(config-mcast-filter-id-2)# exclude-ports ethernet 4/8
int Ethernet n/n
multicast limit 400 !! forward packet per second/약 4.6M(=1460byte*400*8) bps
int Ethernet n/n
ip-multicast-disable !! Disable multicast on port which you don't want to
enable IGMP.
==================
L3 Foundry Routing/Switch case
Network connection [server]—[L3/multicast router]
(config)#no ip multicast-routing !!pim sparse mode will automatically
enable "ip multicast-routing"
(config)# router pim
(config-pim-router)#rp-address 211.110.5.10
(config-pim-router)#int ve 1
(config-vif-10)#ip pim-sparse
!!!!manage commands
!!http://www.foundrynet.com/techdocs/SRguide/FoundryManual_IP_Multicast.html