[f-nsp] bigiron scalability

From: Andrew Lee (andrew@peak.org)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 15:31:08 EDT

Hi all,

I gone through the archives and these questions have been posed before but
seemingly never answered. I am going to deploy a BigIron 4000 as a high
capacity router and I have some concerns about it handling the load. Two
areas specifically in regards to the CAM table and memory usage by BGP
sessions. Does anyone use the BigIron to route lots of IP traffic? How
much memory does a BGP session of 100k routes consume? What happens when
the CAM table is full?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Lee
Network Architect