RE: [j-nsp] fxp0 administratively disabled

From: Guy Davies (Guy.Davies@telindus.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:48:59 EDT

Hmm, curious. Is there a specific reason why you've chosen to use
4.x when this is no longer a formally supported version (formal
support is maintained for the current version plus the two previous
versions, i.e. 5.2, 5.1 and 5.0)? Unfortunately, this means that all
the release notes for 4.x versions are no longer accessible on the
website so it's not possible to check if there were any known bugs of
this nature.

The only other things you might try rely on the boxes not being in
production.

1) try rebooting the box and see if it comes up with the interface
enabled (assuming that the file /config/juniper.conf doesn't have the
interface disabled).
2) try copying /config/juniper.conf to /var/tmp/juniper.conf, then
delete the entire running config (and commit), then do a load
override /var/tmp/juniper.conf (and commit). This should load the
config entirely fresh.

If either (or both) of these work, it probably indicates a bug which,
I'm afraid, you have no chance of getting fixed in a 4.x version of
code. The only solution would be to either upgrade to 5.x or not
disable fxp0 ;-)

Regards,

Guy

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm
that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed. If you
are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using,
printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any
information contained in it. We use reasonable endeavors to virus scan all
e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and
any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus
checking. The right to monitor e-mail communications through our network is
reserved by us.