Re: [j-nsp] fxp0 administratively disabled

From: Phil Shafer (phil@juniper.net)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 11:55:50 EDT

Guy Davies writes:
>1) try rebooting the box and see if it comes up with the interface
>enabled (assuming that the file /config/juniper.conf doesn't have the
>interface disabled).

Reconfigurations should _never_ require a reboot. The only exception
is disk-mirroring, I think.

>2) try copying /config/juniper.conf to /var/tmp/juniper.conf, then
>delete the entire running config (and commit), then do a load
>override /var/tmp/juniper.conf (and commit). This should load the
>config entirely fresh.

The 'rollback' command is effectively the same, since it reloads
the candidate configuration with the contents of /config/juniper.conf.

My advice would be to make sure the deletion of the disable statement
was propagated from the UI to DCD (the daemon that controls the interfaces).
Use 'run file show /var/etc/dcd.conf' and look for the 'fxp0' statement.
This will be the configuration data the UI hands to DCD. If the statement
isn't there, contact support@juniper.net with your config and we'll try
to recreate this in our labs.

Thanks,
 Phil