Re: Load merge terminal

From: Clayton Fiske (clay@bloomcounty.org)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 16:06:09 EDT

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 01:39:55PM -0600, Aaron Dewell wrote:

> Sorry, just checked it and you are correct, load merge
> terminal indeed will not take a relative cut-and-paste,
> it must start from the top level. However, you can
> construct it easily, then cut-n-paste the part you want,
> i.e. for your application:
>

> [edit policy-options]
> root@router# load merge terminal
> policy-options { <---- you type this
> policy-statement blah { <---- type this too
> (now cut-n-paste just the term you want)
> } <---- type this to close
> } <---- again
> ^D <---- end terminal capture
> load complete
>
> [edit policy-options]
> root@router#

Yes, you do have to start from the top, but the original suggestion
still allows you to cut and paste easily to replace or duplicate:

[edit policy-options]
ps@r9# edit policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target

[edit policy-options policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target]
ps@r9# save terminal
policy-options {
    policy-statement vpn1-export {
    replace:
        term apply-target {
            then {
                community add vpn1-target;
                accept;
            }
        }
    }
}
Wrote 11 lines of configuration to 'terminal'

[edit policy-options policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target]
ps@r9#

You can then cut and paste that, as it provides the whole config
tree. The 'replace:' line only means that if there's already a term
by that name it will be replaced rather than combined. I think the
'save terminal' command is what you are looking for.

-c