Re: show chassis cos in JunOS 5.3

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 14:36:30 EDT

Thanks for explanation.

But I am still confused, as I have some statements configured
(and successfully commited) under class-of-service using new
syntax.

What do you mean by "bootup your router with new CoS cli"?
Do I need to enable new CoS somehow special?

Maybe that is the reason, why my attempts to deploy
two separate forwarding classes for be and voip are failing....

I understand that I have some limitations because my router
has old FPCs (not extended), but what I need to do is just
assure that traffic with ip_precedence 5 will be emitted first.
I know that this is "priority queuing", which is nt supported
on old, non Enhanced FPCs, but I was hoping that maybe i will
be able to differentiate traffic into 2 classes, police be class
to 80% of interface capacity, and then I will have remaining 20%
reserved for voip class.

Any ideas how to approach this issue on Juniper M20 with old FPCs?

Thanks in advance,

Przemek