Re: [j-nsp] [Re:] RE: [j-nsp] Does Juniper support CR-LDP ?

From: Vijay Gill (vijay@umbc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 13:23:45 EDT

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Kireeti Kompella wrote:

> > Shouldn't it be the other way!
>
> I.e., the short term future is essentially over, and wavelength,
> VPI/VCI, DLCI, shim label are a day too soon?
>
> Seems very reasonable to me.

Kireeti, stop putting the fire out with gasoline.

What this means is that CR-LDP as a technology for IP network day job is
gone, kaput, done with, give it up and write some other IETF drafts
instead.

In short, not having CR-LDP is not going to affect Junipers (or any other
promising local router vendors) business plans going forward any time
soon, for the few remaining ip carriers that are going to be left.

In an amazingly short period, people have discovered happy shiny
powerpoint slides showing red routers/blue routers/QoS/self provisioning
all singing all dancing entities, leveraging of synergies and enabling new
service opportunities, et al . take a back seat to the following:

1) getting customers

2) execution

3) operations and management of this hell your bizdev people have built

This is getting far off the juniper track though.

ObJnx:

advertise-inactive

/vijay