Re: [j-nsp] QoS / traffic recognition

From: sean capshaw (capshaw@juniper.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:08:22 EDT

Hello Nicolas,

If for example you considered ftp traffic critical and wanted to mark
it "010" at the ingress router so you could give it special priority at
the bottleneck in your network, you would configure:

filter set-prec {
    term a {
        from {
            source-port ftp;
        }
        then {
            output-queue 2;
            accept;
        }
    }
}

and:

output {
    interfaces {
        ge-1/0/0 {
            unit 0 {
                precedence-rewrite {
                    output-queue 2 {
                        plp-clear rewrite-bits 010;
                        plp-set rewrite-bits 010;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

under the firewall filter and the class of service hierarchies
respectively on the ingress router.

no policers for what want.

Thanks
Sean