Re: [j-nsp] Question on creating a custom RIB

From: Dave Curado (davec@weezel.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 12:29:42 EDT

Sounds interesting.
Have you checked out the "advertise-inactive" knob?

Even then, when their packets make it to your router,
it will do it's job and look up the best path for that
packet. If the best path is via Abilene, then off it
will go.

Filter based forwarding can do what you're describing.
i.e. take all the traffic that comes in interface xyz
and forward it using a different forwarding table.

There is a technology note on filter based forwarding
at: http://www.juniper.net/techcenter/notes/552003.html

Hope this helps,
Dave Curado
/* disclaimer: I work for Juniper */

--

"The black holes in the centers of the galaxies will slowly travel on their own, sucking mass and energy from universes wherever they contact other objects. If it's another black hole that they randomly impact, then they simply merge, to become an even larger devourer. A few hours after coming within range of one of these, Earth and any distant descendants on it will be taken out of existence." -- excerpt from E=mc^2 by David Bodanis

Have a nice day.