[j-nsp] OSPF path selection

From: Nicolas FEVRIER (nicolas.fevrier@telindus.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 04:41:17 EDT

Hi,

I would like some one in the group to aknowledge some uncertainty
I have about the OSPF path selection in the Juniper box.
As far as I know, OSPF selected routes according to 2 parameters :
- cost = reference-bandwidth/bandwidth
- metric : specified explicitly

My question may be trivial, but when you modify the metric to a
particular value, does this value become the cost ? I mean, as
long as you don't configure the metric, the cost is calculate
with the ref/bdwth but, when you configure the metric, then
cost=metric ?

Am I wrong ?

Cheers,

Nicolas.