RE: Juniper alternative to Local-director

From: Javier Antich (javier.antich@telindus.es)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 02:30:19 EDT

A Juniper router is not a load-balancing switch/appliance. If you want an
alternative to Local Director try with Riverstone, Foundry, Alteon,
Arrowpoint (Cisco), F5 Labs, ... There is no way to define a Virtual IP for
load-balancing among a ser of real servers.

                                          ^ ^
==============ooo====(.)v(.)====ooo=====
Javier Antich Romaguera
Network Consultant
TELINDUS
Pza. Ciudad de Viena, 6-2º
28040 Madrid
javier.antich@telindus.es
tel: +34 91 456 00 08
fax: +34 91 536 10 74
For more information about our products and services,
please visit our website http://www.telindus.com
Full connectivity & mobility