[j-nsp] ATM ping to cisco devices

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 12:48:39 EDT

Hello,

I am trying to use ATM ping to verify reachability
to some cisco devices connected across ATM cloud.

In some cases I am receiving responses:

karwas@USMIATPLJM20X1A> ping atm interface at-0/0/0 vci 1.148 end-to-end
53 byte oam cell received on (vpi=1 vci=148): seq=1
53 byte oam cell received on (vpi=1 vci=148): seq=2

--- atmping statistics ---
2 cells transmitted, 2 cells received, 0% cell loss

While in some other I don't:

karwas@USMIATPLJM20X1A> ping atm interface at-0/0/0 vci 1.132 end-to-end

--- atmping statistics ---
4 cells transmitted, 0 cells received, 100% cell loss

karwas@USMIATPLJM20X1A>

The configuration of both Cisco's is pretty much the same
(VPI/VCI numbers are different - that's the only difference)

Any idea????

Do I need to explicitly enable some OAM cells response?
If yes -- why one 7206 is responding, and the other not?

Thanks,

Przemek