RE: [j-nsp] Quick sanity check on my fast re-route configs

From: Gary Tate (gtate@juniper.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 04:15:28 EDT

Hi,

To enable fastreroute you need to have a traffic engineering domain and you
can't switch of cspf in the configuration. Fastreroute uses the TED at the
head end (ingress) of the lsp to calculate fastreroute detours.

So you need isis configured or ospf with traffic-engineering switched on eg:

    protocols {
        ospf {
                traffic-engineering;
            area 0.0.0.0 {
                interface all;
                interface fxp0.0 {
                    disable;
                }
            }
        }
    }

Also in the topology show there is no fastreroute detour paths available but
I assume the topology shown is just for demonstration purpose.

I hope this helps.

Gary