Re: [j-nsp] OSPF default information originate?

From: Paul Traina (pst@juniper.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 13:34:41 EDT

Hmmm, ok, so it's purely ease of use. I can respect that. :-)

Do you ever have eBGP peers that do NOT have policy attached to
them (output filtering?). The reason I ask is that one could chain
together output policies depending upon whether you did or did not
want to advertise default. That would get you down to one line
per-peer.

One could also use config groups, but then we're talking even more
"boilerplate" configuration to reduce your per-peer configuration.

I'm just hesitant to go down the route of special-case knobs that
duplicate functionality. That was my fault "at the last place" and
it turned into a curse.