RE: [j-nsp] FW: [BGP advertise-inactive [9:608]] crosspost

From: Paul Goyette (pgoyette@juniper.net)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 16:03:23 EDT

Steven is correct - advertise-inactive will advertise
the _best_ BGP route, even if that route is inactive
because a route from another protocol (with a better
preference) has been selected to be the active route.

If the answer were otherwise, it would mean that you
would advertise every BGP route, and that would include
both active and inactive routes to the same destination.
BGP does not provide for advertising multiple paths to
the same destination prefix; any additional advertisement
to a given destination supersedes all previous ones.