Re: [j-nsp] route selection

From: Scott F. Robohn (scott@robohn.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 20:32:15 EST

Milo,

This refers to the number of equal-cost paths to the BGP
next-hop.

Say you receive the prefix 10/8 from two peers:
- P1 with BGP next-hop 192.168.100.1
- P2 with BGP next-hop 192.168.200.1

If you have 3 equal-cost IGP paths to 192.168.100.1 and 2
equal-cost IGP paths to 192.168.200.1, you'll install 10/8
from P1 as the active route (because 3 > 2). If you even
get to that point in the BGP route selection process.

I'd draw some ASCII art, but I have to put the kids to bed
:)

HTH,
Scott