RE: [j-nsp] route selection

From: Robert O'Hara (rohara@juniper.net)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 21:48:15 EST

Milo - I just recvd an email from one of our very best routing
protocol guys at Juniper, and he made some sense out
of what you saw in the manual on page 7.

He noted, "A route with 2 next hops is preferred over one with only
a single next hop, since it is more survivable. So, if
you have a BGP route from two BGP NextHop routers, and
you have one IGP nexthop to router A and two IGP nexthops
to router B, we'll prefer the route from B.".

On reflection, this makes a lot of sense.

So, while my last email was accurate, albeit lengthy,
I stand corrected. There is not documentation error.

My thanks to Paul Goyette for the clarification.

Good Luck!

Bob O'Hara