Juniper BGP updates monitoring

From: Mourad BERKANE (mourad.berkane@lambdanet.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 11:55:03 EST

Hello everyone,

We would like to monitor BGP updates on our Juniper network from an
Administration station (like HPOV for example ).
In case of having BGP instability in the network (BGP updates increase) our
operational team would need to be informed for analysing the situation.

Of course BGP updates haven't any impact in our network because we have a
full Juniper network but could impact BGP customers equipped with less
powerful router :-)

Do Juniper own SNMP MIB storing BGP information and could JUNOS (or JUNIPER
UNIX kernel ) generate an SNMP trap to an administration station?
Is it possible to include this functionnality to next JUNOS Release?

Thanks

Mourad BERKANE
LambdaNet Communications France
Network Planning and Design Engineer